Back to the article
Bookmarking and Refreshing
Toggle (open/close) the Answers below and then use your browser's refresh button or bookmark the page to see that the state of these answers is preserved.
- Frames in capable browsers
- Browsers have been "frames enabled" since NN2/MSIE3; it is, however, possible to turn frames off in some modern browsers.
- The browser's built-in feature bookmarks the URL from the address bar instead of a particular frameset state. When the user returns to the bookmarked page he only gets the default frameset instead of accessing the original frameset state.
- Title of framed pages
- By default, documents that load inside frames don't affect the title displayed at the top of the browser window. The title corresponds to the document loaded in the topmost window.
- Sending someone the link to a framed page
- The browser's built-in feature sends the URL from the address bar.
The recipient of the email accesses the frameset with its default documents for each frame instead of accessing a particular frameset state.