Using Web PI to install Wordpress, MySQL connector and more...
Microsoft® Web Platform Installer is free and lets you install Web Apps including Umbraco, WordPress, Acquia Drupal, SugarCRM, Textyle, Subtext, Joomla, etc.
What you will find inside:
- Web Server
- Install the latest version of IIS, including latest IIS Web extensions like IIS Media Services.
- Install the latest version of SQL Server 2008 Express. This includes both the database engine and tools.
- Web Apps
- Install free popular ASP.NET and PHP web apps such as Umbraco and WordPress.
- Browse the Windows Web Application Gallery
- Install the latest version of the .NET Framework. This includes everything you need to work with ASP.NET.
- Install the latest version of Visual Web Developer Express, Our full featured free web development tool.
- Web PI also includes the latest community version of PHP for Windows and a trial version of Expression Web 3!
In a few clicks I was able to install:
- Wordpress 2.9
- MySQL Connector
- Web Deployment Tool
- PHP 5.2.11
- Windows Cache Extension for PHP
In the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window, make sure to choose "Features View" instead of "Content View", if you want to be able to browse "What's New", "Web Platform" and "Web Applications".